Older Upgrade Instructions
While your collection master and individual source files are upgraded to the latest version of Tópico when the program opens an older collection, the templates, scripts and stylesheets associated with your collection cannot be upgraded that easily.
This means that you'll have to update these files (your custom publishing package) manually to include new features found in more recent versions of Tópico.
Each significant release of Tópico will include information on the steps you might want to take to upgrade your existing collections.
Upgrading existing collections to version 2008.12XX
Here a re some issues to consider it you're upgrading a collection that was created with an earlier version of Tópico.
- If you're using a Schematron schema, make sure it's in the ISO Schematron namespace. Older collections ware using the previous namespace.
- Old name space = http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron
- New namespace = http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron
Upgrading existing collections to version 2008.0224
Nothing special has to be done but to check the names of the parameters in each collection's templates.
Upgrading existing collections to version 2007.1230
Here are a few tips and tricks for upgrading existing collections.
Adding the search engine to an existing (static) collection
To add a basic search engine to an existing static collection, follow these steps.
From the default collection folder, copy these files to the corresponding folder in your existing collection
- On a search page you have created in your existing collection, include the include_form_search.xhtml
- Publish your collection
You should now see a search form in the published collection.
Optionally, you can add the following code to the insert.xml file b right clicking on thebutton and selecting .
- <!-- search form -->
- <en>Include Search Form</en>
- <fr>Inclure formulaire de recherche</fr>