Add a Search Page to a Collection
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to add a search form to any topic in your collection.
The seach script is implemented through:
- An HTML form that's included inside an existing topic;
- A custom script that's referenced by the above HTML form;
- A special full text search file that's created with the Professional Edition of Tópico.
Adding the search form to a collection
Follow these steps to add a search page to a collection.
- Create a new topic to host the seach form and set it's properties as desired;
- Click the button on the toolbar above the editor;
- From the popup menu, select .
A search form is included on the page. You should see it when you publish your collection.
A feature like this one (an included HTML form) can be added by an advanced Tópico user by adding the required files to a collection and the appropriate entries in the insert.xml for this collection.
Although any type of HTML form could be added this way, there is one thing special with this search form in that it uses a custom fulltexte search index that's create d by the Professional Edition of Tópico when a collection is published.
A search form example
This is how the default search form looks like.
When you have a registered version of Tópico, alll new collection you create have this option enabled. You can always work on the search script to make is better or come up with your own clever transform that creates another search engine altogether.
Please note that the Search script is a work in progress and very limited at the moment.