Add a Table
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to add a table to your topic and set it's property so it can be more easily formatted with a CSS stylesheet.
Tables are used to layout information that is tabular in nature. To get the most flexible formatting with your stylesheet, you should setup your table as the screen capture below illustrates.
To insert a table in your topic
- Place your cursor on a new row in the current topic;
- Click the Table button in the XStandard toolbar;
- Drag your mouse to create the appropriate number of rows and columns (1);
- Set the Cell Padding, Cell Spacing and Border properties to 0;
- Set the Caption property to No;
- enter s short description of the table;
- Click .
(1) Note that Xstandard automatically creates a header row for data tables.