Add a Site Map
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to add a site map to a topic.
A site map is an overview of the navigational structure of a website and is used to orient users and show them the scope of the site.
Add a site map manually
To manually add a site map token to a topic:
- Create a new topic to host the site map;
- Enter Site Map as the navigation title;
site_map(between two % signs, without spaces) at the top of the topic;
- Save and publish your collection;
NOTE: Tópico Starter edition users can only insert a site map this way.
Add a site map through the drop down list
Registered users can also add the sitemap token from the reusable content drop down list or the Insert popup menu to easily insert a site map.
To add a site map token to a topic:
- Right click on the Snippets drop down list;
- From the popup menu, select ;
- Click on the drop down list;
- From the popup menu, select site_map
- Save and publish your collection.
You'll notice that there are many tokens you can insert into your topics. These tokens are replaced during the publishing process with the data they represent.
Only topics that have their Map property set are added to the site map. For a topic to be included in the site map, all it's ancestors must also be part of the site map.